Saturday 13 October 2012

An Elegant Christmas Tree

The colour challenge which the DT at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown have for you this week definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone. Nothing difficult about it - Green, brown, cream and metallic gold but for me it's a combination which I don't often use, although don't those golden acorns look gorgeous?
I am sure that lots of you will be able to create something fabulous with these.  My card features Lovely As A Tree, stamped and embossed in gold and then stamped again in green onto cream card stock.  I have constructed a double frame around the stamped image with some retired DSP Christmas Wishes, I think and added some stars and large green pearls at the corners.  The finishing touch is a double bow with some wide organza gold star dotted ribbon, topped with a smaller bow from Chocolate Chip scalloped edge ribbon.

5 comments:

  1. So pretty, Louise!!! I LOVE the beautiful tree images--and your bows are fabulous! LOVE these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a very elegant trio of trees Louise and that frame around them is awesome! hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bow is stunning Louise, it's a lovely card I love all the elements you have used - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wouldn't believe you were out of your comfort zone at all Louise! I love your trees and that bow is gorgeous! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I wasn't entirely sure about this colour combo and I ended up loving it! You did a FAB job with it Louise, you'd never know you were outside your comfort zone! Great card, very elegant! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx