Wednesday 26 September 2012

Autumn Sympathy

What I love most about Autumn are the colours of the leaves.  They've only just started to turn where we live, so the beautiful reds, browns, yellow and orange are not yet in full flow and yet, when I saw the challenge on Cas-ual Fridays this week was a clean and simple project inspired by Autumn I knew that it was the colours that I most wanted to feature.

I chose Autumn Days (not very original, I know) and used the leaf and the wheat stems.  I stamped the leaf onto a peachy card blank in several Autumn shades to make a background for the sentiment, which I trimmed with a couple of gold embossed wheat stem images. I think that 'white space' means empty space, rather than 'white', so I hope my card is acceptable as CAS. I thought that this card would be suitable for a With Sympathy sentiment as it is calm and reflective and Autumn, for me is always a little bit sad as the summer has gone and another year will soon be over.

2 comments:

  1. You sound so melancholy Louise, I love your card though - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Love how you embossed those leaves! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx