Thursday 19 July 2012

Purple and Yellow Pansies

Firstly, I apologise for the quality of the photograph- my laptop has 'died' and I'm working from my husband's netbook -can't tell you what we call it at home but it's not nice! Anyway, I have had this card made for a couple of days but I can't wait any longer to post it!
When I saw the colour theme at Make My Monday this week was Purple and Yellow, I immediately thought of a card I made back in the spring, before I got into blogging, for my Mom's birthday.  I had made some pansies out of the SU Butterfly punch in various pansy colours, including purple and yellow. So I set about making another pansy card, this time just keeping to the challenge colours.  I stamped a frame in the centre, using my Wisteria Wonder ink pad, added a little purple gingham tag with a bow and layered on the flowers, using two shades of purple for the blooms and tiny yellow brads for the centres.  I have stamped a very simple sentiment in the corner and have even used a purple card blank!

5 comments:

  1. My Mum loves pansies too. Great to see you using this flower choice - a classic combination of yellow and purple. Love it. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to make these for some time--your pansies are beautiful, Louise!!! LOVE the bit of gingham with a darling bow! This is so fabulous--thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pansies Louise, thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these pansies Louise and they are the perfect choice for the purple and yellow challenge. Much amused by you calling your electronic equipment bad names! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card Louise and love those pansies which are a favourite flower of mine.
    Thanks for joining in with the MMM yellow and purple challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx