Saturday 7 July 2012

Oh Christmas Tree

This is my first DT project for the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge as I join the team in July.  It's a brilliant challenge based on this sketch ; 




My card was inspired by the paper with the words to the internationally renowned song 'Oh Christmas Tree'. I followed the colours in the paper, making three panels matted onto green cardstock. I stamped three trees from the Season Of Joy stamp set from SU, glittering up some of the detail, and adding the sentiment and flourish. I layered them on some Whisper White card stock with a piece of washi tape across the bottom to follow through with the music theme. Pop over to the challenge and see the other cards from the DT for more ideas and inspiration

5 comments:

  1. Louise, I LOVE this!!!! The patterned paper is amazing with your darling tree images and I'm so excited about your colors, too! This is a fabulous start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Christmas card, I especially like how you have 3 of the trees stamped and cut out, super card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabby card for your first DT card Louise! You've used one of my fave sets and I love how you've sparkled the trio of trees, wonderful colour combo too!
    Looking forward to seeing the rest of your lovely creations! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolute stunner Louise! I love the three panelled background and the cluster of trees and the sentiment with the flourish are gorgeous! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise - you might have guessed that I'm a bit behind in visiting blogs and leaving love notes - its been a hectice week. But..I wanted to make sure to pop in and tell you that I just loved this card as soon as I saw it - it's gorgeous. I love those trees - they just make the whole card come alive! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx