Saturday 28 July 2012

Brads,Brads, Brads

I was really happy when I saw the challenge for this week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown was to use brads because I LOVE brads!  All shapes, all sizes, all colours - they are all there in my stash box and this was a great excuse to use them!
I wanted the brads to be the focal point, rather than just an embellishment, and with this Christmas tree design I think that's just what I've done. It could be a single tree or a forest of trees! I have used a gate fold card and used decorative paper and glitter borders to set off the tree/forest, which I cut out of gold mirri card. The star, trees and trunk are all brads and then I mounted the gold card onto green card to hide the backs of the brads.  Inside the card I have used a matching paper with Christmas greeting text - a freebie from a magazine from a while back. As a last bit of bling I have added a few gold gems.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is so pretty, Louise!!! LOVE all those gorgeous gold brads! :) So happy to have you with us at 52CCT--you're an amazing asset! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise - how very clever of you to use those darling tree brads in the fashion that you have!! They are definitely the focus as you wanted and its wonderful. Love how your card opens too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Louise, love your colour combo and the gatefold opening - and what a fab way to use your tree shaped brads!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx